This conversation can help your young child appreciate the magic of circles – everywhere – in their lives.
- Drop something into still water and notice the concentric circles. See if they have the language to describe what happens when the circles meet. Can they draw it?
- Notice how water goes down the drain? What shape does it follow?
- Notice nature-made circles – bubbles, oranges, eyes, planets, banana (slices?) …..
- Explore man-made circles. Why are balls circles?
- Circle dances – and sitting in circles can be very special. No beginning or end, everyone faces one another.