Strutting to the Music
This short exercise can help your children notice how strongly their bodies want to align with the the rhythms they hear. It is almost irresistible. Hmmmm. I wonder why.
- When you have music with a strong rhythm playing in your home, invite your child to move with you in time with the music.
- Share with them how you use music to help you move quickly – when the need calls for it. Out for a fast walk or run? Need to clean and want to keep the pace up?
- Get the family to march in place to the rhythm playing and ask one person to now march in a slightly slower or faster rhythm. And maintain it. (It can be difficult.)
- Then see if someone can join that person and match their rhythm – while the original song is still playing
- Why do you think this is difficult?