These ideas simply encourage your child to see with curiosity and appreciation. To see deeply rather than quickly.
- When you visit someone’s home, notice their artwork and start a conversation with them about it with your child present.
- Notice buildings during the day and at night – how the light shapes them differently.
- Notice the leaves – how heavy they are as they struggle to hold the rain.
- Notice cars in front of you at night. Rear lights come in so many designs. Explain that car companies work hard to make their car lights unique. Why might that be important?
- Notice how the colors all change at dusk.
- Notice shadows and how they change the geometry of the buildings around you.
- Just notice and appreciate. Share moments.