Host a Quarterly Book Event
This activity can bring your child’s favorite books and characters into their real life. Part celebration. Part motivation.
- Discuss books that your child and other kids are reading and enjoying. What books are popular?
- Want to plan a (title of book) party – or afternoon?
- Have your child decide the book – then pick a Saturday or Sunday afternoon for the book party. Who? How many?
- Buy a book for everyone who is invited.
- Write the invitations – and print them up like book marks. Together – write the invitations – and tuck them inside the front covers.
- Invitation could say something like, “(Book title” is where it’s at. Come dig into the details and have some fun on (date – a couple weeks out to give them time to read it in case they haven’t already).
- Here are some party ideas
- Plan a menu the protagonist would enjoy.
- Greet them in character
- Have a (book title) jeopardy game with prizes. Who said what?
- As they leave – a take home gift of …..?
- Do it all again a few months later.